INTERNATIONAL SPIRITUAL AWAKENING MINISTRIES
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Letitia Peters
Can International Repentance, Forgiveness, & Reconciliation Week Help to Change People? “Event continues with Forgiveness for National Leaders and Other Nations Today”
Trenton, NJ, February 13, 2013 – Yesterday, we discussed on the International Spiritual Awakening Ministries Blog Talk Radio Show, the importance of forgiving family members as we continue to celebrate International, Repentance, Forgiveness & Reconciliation Week. During this week, we are asking people to forgive others & forgive themselves by removing bitterness, anger, resentment, & hatred in order to restore joy, love, freedom & peace back into their lives and in their nations. People can reconcile their broken relationships with family, friends, neighbors, people in their community, and others. For many, it will be a time to restore your fellowship with the Lord.
Suggestions to forgiving family members
Many people find it harder to forgive themselves than forgiving others. By learning to forgive others, like your family members can bring you freedom from the past and present. Here are 12 suggestions for forgiving family members:
- You should forgive family members, but it does not mean that you should forget because you can learn from your situation or decision. Forgiving is a process. Ask yourself, “What are you afraid of?”
- Take time to talk to God about your life by going into the “closet”. Tell Him everything about the lack of you being able to forgive others, like your family members. Express your feelings to God. Tell Him your fears, anger, and then ask the Holy Spirit to help you overcome you being unable to forgive others, like your family members. Surrender everything to God and ask Him to mold you into the person that He wants you to be. Finally, ask Him to take control over your life.
- You can include in your prayer: I forgive (name of your family member) for doing “such-and-such”. You should forgive them for whatever wrong they have done to you. It is a commandment that we must forgive others in order for God to forgive us. Mark 11:25-26 (NKJV) states, “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.” You can ask the Holy Spirit to help you overcome the sin of unforgiveness. If you have trouble saying those words, then you can remember the words that Jesus Christ said on the cross, “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.” In addition, you can pray for those who have hurt you that they may come into the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. There are prayers at www.demonbuster.com.
- There are 2 ways that you can forgive others: (1) by praying & releasing that person to God or (2) by confronting the offender/perpetuator and ask for forgiveness as stated in Luke 17:3, “if he repents. “So watch yourselves. “If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him.”
- You are where you are today because this is where you are supposed to be. Say out loud: “I accept the things that happened to me and I accept the things that did not happen to me in my life in the name of Jesus Christ/Yeshua”.
- Life is not fair. Life can deal you some bad situations. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. For example in the Bible, initially, Esau was bitter over losing his birthright and blessing to his brother Jacob. He was so angry that he vowed to kill his brother. 20 years later, Jacob was going to meet his brother. Jacob was fearful. Jacob prayed because he did not know what his brother was going to do. Praying can help when you are faced with a difficult situation. Now, Esau had a change of heart and he is content with what he has. Like Esau, you can feel cheated, but you do not have to remain bitter. You can remove the bitterness from your life by honestly expressing your feelings to God, forgiving those who have wronged you, and being content with what you have. (Source: Life Applications Study Bible King James Version: Genesis 25:29-27:42, 33:1-20) Another example, a fifteen year old girl, the victim of years of incest on the part of her father, had come for counseling. As the Christian counselor brought up the subject of her need to forgive her father for the evil he had done to her, she reacted with anger against his suggestion saying, “Why should I forgive my father for ruining the first fifteen years of my life?” The counselor wisely immediately replied, “If you don’t, you will be allowing him to ruin the next fifteen years of your life.” What words of wisdom? The root of bitterness defiles many, Paul says. It especially defiles the one in whom the root is nourished (Heb. 12:15). (Source: The Handbook of Spiritual Warfare by Dr. Ed Murphy)
- You cannot control anyone for what people do to you. You are not responsible for their actions. You are only responsible for your reactions to their actions. People are always held responsible for their sins, even sins provoked by the unjust actions of others. You cannot live up to other people’s expectations. You cannot be a people pleaser, but you should become a God pleaser. Put God first in everything that you do.
- Don’t be a victim. Learn how to become a victor. It means no more pity parties, no more complaining about your situation, but lifting one’s self up by your own bootstraps. It means taking action to change your circumstance. Only you can do it and no one else. It is your life and you can determine the outcome with God’s help. Say out loud, “Lord, you are in control of my life so please guide me and give me the wisdom like you gave Solomon. Thank you for delivering me out of the hands of the unrighteous and the wicked in the name of Yeshua. It is written that I am the head and not the tail. I am bless coming in and bless coming out. I am more than a conqueror. I have the authority to trample over snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy and nothing should harm me in the name of Yeshua.”
- Words have power. Speak positive words over your life. Break the curses of negative words, which have been spoken over your life. You can find scriptures pertaining to your situation, which you can repeat daily. Proclaim them over your life. There are deliverance prayers at www.demonbuster.com.
- If you are around people who are not lifting you up then, it is time to surround yourself with positive people. Read books. Seek counseling. Hug yourself daily and say affirmations, such as “I love myself”. “I respect myself.” “I accept myself”.
- Stop punishing yourself and start loving yourself. God loves you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Say aloud, “Yahweh/God loves me. Yahweh/God is love. He will never leave me nor forsake me.”
- Everything has frequency or energy. Words have frequencies. Anger, bitterness, hatred, unforgiveness have a lower frequency, whereas, love, joy, and happiness have a higher frequency.
Even foods have frequencies. Processed foods have a very low or zero frequency, whereas, by eating fruits, vegetables, and foods high in antioxidants have a much higher frequency.
Essential oils have high frequencies as well.
The Hebrew language has a higher frequency than the English language. Instead of saying Jesus, one can say “Yeshua” and you can call the Creator, “Yahweh”, which has the higher frequency than saying their English names. You should laugh. Dance. Sing. Pray. Exercise. These things also will also increase your frequency. You can visit www.Hebrew4Christians.com for more information about Hebrew.
In conclusion, by faith choose to forgive all who have hurt you. By forgiving your family members you can improve your health, gain overall well-being and most of all be free. Isn’t that worth forgiving your family members?
Why “International Repentance, Forgiveness, & Reconciliation Week”?
Apostasy is running rampant in America and in many nations. The spiritual and moral conditions of our nations and the Christian Church are spiraling downward quickly. If we don’t turn away from our wicked ways, then the Creator will lift the hedge of protection off of America. We welcome all nations to join us as we follow the commandment “if we do not forgive others, then God will not forgive us”.
Many people are hurting around the world. These hurting people hurt other people. We don’t want people to hurt others because they have been hurt themselves. Someone said, “Forgiveness is giving up the right to hate those who have hurt us.” Without doubt this is the most difficult part of forgiveness. Mark 11:25-26 (NKJV) states, “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.” It is a commandment that we must forgive others in order for God to forgive us. Many people do not realize that they are blocking their own blessings in their lives, because they failed to forgive those who have hurt them, persecute them or are adversaries to their soul. Do you want to be FREE? Forgive your family members.
In Michael L. Galiga’s book, “Win Every Battle Conquering Fear & Claiming Victory for Success in Life” he states, “Unforgiveness opens spiritual pathways for dark, demonic spirits to wreak havoc in your life. Forgiveness is mandatory to win every battle. Forgiveness means surrendering your rights to hold anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, judgments, or offenses. It means surrendering the situation to the Living God. There is no government or nation so evil that God will not forgive and save it. If we do our part, God will do His part. The only way to get free is to forgive. When we humble ourselves, repent and turn from our wicked ways, we will win every battle.”
In the Dr. Ed Murphy’s book, “The Handbook of Spiritual Warfare” it states, “Those who hurt you have their own guilt, but it is guilt before God, not before you. You are not responsible for their actions. You are only responsible for your reactions to their actions. People are always held responsible for their sins, even sins provoked by the unjust actions of others. Some people have become so accustomed to their self-pity, anger, feelings of inferiority, rejection; they really don’t want to change. For many, it has become an excuse for other sins, which they do not want to abandon. When you forgive and can really pray for the salvation and transformation of those who have hurt you most, you are on the way to healing. God moves in answer to the prayers of His saints.” We want people to start enjoying the best life that God has for them. It is never too late to forgive. You can start right now by confessing and repenting of your sin to the Lord Jesus Christ and asking Him to come into your heart and baptize you with the gift of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Life. In addition, you can pray for those who have hurt you that they may come into the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. There are 2 ways that you can forgive others: (1) by praying & releasing that person to God or (2) by confronting the offender/perpetuator and ask for forgiveness as stated in Luke 17:3, “if he repents. “So watch yourselves. “If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him.”
Satan is attacking the next generations: the young adults, teens, and the children. Many of them are not being taught the word of God. Many of them have turned away from God. They are not going to church/synagogue. They are taking out their hurt and pain by seeking revenge, instead of forgiving. This spiral destruction must stop before it is too late.
We want to see families restored, relationships restored and nations restored. Don’t you? It begins with Forgiveness.
Here is the Schedule for International Repentance, Forgiveness, and Reconciliation (I.R.F.R.) Week:
February 11, 2013- Forgive yourself or self-forgiveness-You should forgive yourself for decisions that you made or for things that you did.
February 12, 2013- Forgive your family. You should forgive your family members for things done to you or said in the past and present.
February 13, 2013 Forgiveness for National Leaders & Other Nations (This includes the staffers, advisers, diplomats, military, intelligence agencies) - National Leaders should promote national healing & reconciliation. In order to do this, there should be confession, repentance, & forgiveness in order for reconciliation to take place in America & in all nations. National leaders may want to investigate past & present injustices/atrocities, i.e. human rights violations or crime against humanity, by conducting public hearings, forgiveness ceremonies, & investigations. Reconciliation cannot happen unless TRUTH is revealed. National Leaders & Other Nations should forgive themselves.
February 14, 2013- Forgive Others From Your Past & Present- friends, ex-spouses, classmates, co-workers, enemies and/or forgive people of different ethnic & racial backgrounds.
February 15, 2013- Forgive church/synagogue Leaders- church/synagogue Leaders- should help communities with forgiveness, healing, and reconciling broken relationships, as well as, to help people to overcome their bitterness & resentment.
February 16, 2013 -Forgive People in the Community & Community Leaders- Community leaders should help communities with forgiveness, healing, and reconciling broken relationships, as well as, to help people to overcome their bitterness & resentment.
February 17, 2013 - Children’s &Teens’ Forgiveness Day- Parents/Guardians should teach children and teens about forgiveness. Children & Teens should forgive others, as well as, themselves.
I.S.A.M. will host the Blog Talk Radio Show every day between 1 hour to 3 hours:
February 11-12, 14-16, 2013, we will host the show starting at 8:00 PM EST/5:00 PM PST
February 13 and 17, 2013, we will host the show starting at 12:00 PM EST/9:00 AM PST
Listen to the show by calling the I.S.A.M. Blog Talk Radio Show Call-In Number: 1-347-677-1955 or log on at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/isam.
INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY: We will connect the International community to the Blog Talk Radio Show by dialing the International Country Conference Call Number below on February 13 and 17 to speak live or to listen to the show. You can also log on at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/isam.
A complete list of the 34 countries is posted on the website under the section “Join us on Blog Talk Radio” at LetitiaPeters.weebly.com.
This call holds 96 callers.
For Canada, please call 1 559-670-1000 access code 155737.
For United Kingdom, call +44 (0) 7848 432913 Access code 155737.
About International Spiritual Awakening Ministries
International Spiritual Awakening Ministries (I.S.A.M.) is a new ministry, which is dedicated to teaching “biblical truths” according to the Holy Scriptures in order to help people develop a personal relationship with the Creator in every aspect of people's lives nationally & internationally. You can follow I.S.A.M. at http//www.LetitiaPeters.weebly.com. You can reach I.S.A.M. at 347-568-3537.