INTERNATIONAL SPIRITUAL AWAKENING MINISTRIES
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Letitia Peters
Can International Repentance, Forgiveness, & Reconciliation Week Change People?
“Event continues with Forgiving Family Members Tonight”
Trenton, NJ, February 12, 2013 – Yesterday, we discussed the importance of self-forgiveness or forgiving yourself as we celebrated the kick-off of International, Repentance, Forgiveness & Reconciliation Week. During this week, we are asking people to forgive others & forgive themselves by removing bitterness, anger, resentment, & hatred in order to restore joy, love, freedom & peace back into their lives and in their nations. People can reconcile their broken relationships with family, friends, neighbors, people in their community, and others. For many, it will be a time to restore your fellowship with the Lord.
Suggestions to forgive yourself
Many people find it harder to forgive themselves than forgiving others. By learning to forgive yourself you can have freedom from the past. Here are some suggestions for forgiving yourself:
- You should forgive, but it does not mean that you should forget because you can learn from your situation or decision. Forgiving is a process. Ask yourself, “What are you afraid of?”
- Take time to talk to God about your life by going into the “closet”. Tell Him everything about the lack of you being able to forgive yourself. Reveal your emotions. Tell Him your fears, anger, and then ask the Holy Spirit to help you overcome you being unable to forgive yourself. Surrender everything to God and ask Him to mold you into the person that He wants you to be. Finally, ask Him to take control over your life.
- You can include in your prayer: I forgive myself for “such-and-such” and I forgive those who did “such-and-such”. You should forgive yourself for the decisions that you made and for harming or persecuting others. You should forgiveness yourself because God has forgiven you. There are prayers at www.demonbuster.com.
- You are where you are today because this is where you are supposed to be. Say aloud: “I accept the things that happened to me and I accept the things that did not happen to me in the name of Jesus Christ/Yeshua”.
- You cannot control anyone for what they do to you. You are not responsible for their actions. You are only responsible for your reactions to their actions. People are always held responsible for their sins, even sins provoked by the unjust actions of others.
- Don’t be a victim. Learn how to become a victor. It means no more pity parties, no more complaining about your situation, but lifting one’s self up by your own bootstraps. It means taking action to change your circumstance. Only you can do it and no one else. It is your life and you can determine the outcome with God’s help. Say out loud, “Lord, you are in control of my life so please guide me and give me the wisdom
- Words have power. Speak positive words over your life. Break the curses of negative words, which have been spoken over your life. You can find scriptures pertaining to your situation, which you can repeat daily. Proclaim them over your life.
- If you are around people who are not lifting you up then, it is time to surround yourself with positive people. Read books. Seek counseling. Hug yourself daily and say affirmations, such as “I love myself”. “I respect myself.” “I accept myself”.
- Stop punishing yourself and start loving yourself. God loves you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Say aloud, “Yahweh/God loves me. He will never leave me nor forsake me.”
- Everything has a frequency. Even words have a frequency. Anger, bitterness, hatred, unforgiveness have a lower frequency, whereas, love, joy, happiness have a higher frequency. A healthy body operates at a frequency between 62 MHz and 72 MHz. By holding onto your anger, hatred, unforgiveness, etc. in your heart, mind, and body will lower your frequency in your body, mind, and heart and can cause diseases/sickness. Even though you are going through trials and tribulations, be of good cheer.
In conclusion, by forgiving yourself you can improve your health, gain overall well-being and most of all be free. Isn’t that worth forgiving yourself?
Why “International Repentance, Forgiveness, & Reconciliation Week”?
Apostasy is running rampant in America and in many nations. The spiritual and moral conditions of our nations and the Christian Church are spiraling downward quickly. If we don’t turn away from our wicked ways, then the Creator will lift the hedge of protection off of America. We welcome all nations to join us as we follow the commandment “if we do not forgive others, then God will not forgive us”.
Many people are hurting around the world. These hurting people hurt other people. We don’t want people to hurt others because they have been hurt themselves. Someone said, “Forgiveness is giving up the right to hate those who have hurt us.” Mark 11:25-26 (NKJV) states, “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.” It is a commandment that we must forgive others in order for God to forgive us. Many people do not realize that they are blocking their own blessings in their lives, because they failed to forgive those who have hurt them, persecute them or are adversaries to their soul. Do you want to be FREE? Let go and let God!
In Michael L. Galiga’s book, “Win Every Battle Conquering Fear & Claiming Victory for Success in Life” he states, “Unforgiveness opens spiritual pathways for dark, demonic spirits to wreak havoc in your life. Forgiveness is mandatory to win every battle. Forgiveness means surrendering your rights to hold anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, judgments, or offenses. It means surrendering the situation to the Living God. There is no government or nation so evil that God will not forgive and save it. If we do our part, God will do His part. The only way to get free is to forgive. When we humble ourselves, repent and turn from our wicked ways, we will win every battle.”
In the Dr. Ed Murphy’s book, “The Handbook of Spiritual Warfare” it states, “Those who hurt you have their own guilt, but it is guilt before God, not before you. You are not responsible for their actions. You are only responsible for your reactions to their actions. People are always held responsible for their sins, even sins provoked by the unjust actions of others. Some people have become so accustomed to their self-pity, anger, feelings of inferiority, rejection; they really don’t want to change. For many, it has become an excuse for other sins, which they do not want to abandon. When you forgive and can really pray for the salvation and transformation of those who have hurt you most, you are on the way to healing. God moves in answer to the prayers of His saints.” We want people to start enjoying the best life that God has for them. It is never too late to forgive. You can start right now by confessing and repenting of your sin to the Lord Jesus Christ and asking Him to come into your heart and baptize you with the gift of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Life. In addition, you can pray for those who have hurt you that they may come into the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. There are 2 ways that you can forgive others: (1) by praying & releasing that person to God or (2) by confronting the offender/perpetuator and ask for forgiveness as stated in Luke 17:3, “if he repents. “So watch yourselves. “If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him.”
Satan is attacking the next generations. They have turned away from God. They are taking out their hurt and pain by seeking revenge, instead of forgiving.
We want to see families restored, relationships restored and nations restored. Don’t you? It begins with Forgiveness.
Here is the Schedule for International Repentance, Forgiveness, and Reconciliation (I.R.F.R.) Week:
February 11, 2013- Forgive yourself or self-forgiveness-You should forgive yourself for decisions that you made or for things that you did.
February 12, 2013- Forgive your family. You should forgive your family members for things done to you or said in the past and present.
February 13, 2013 Forgive National Leaders & Other Nations- National Leaders should promote national healing & reconciliation. In order to do this, there should be confession, repentance, & forgiveness in order for reconciliation to take place in America & in all nations. National leaders may want to investigate past & present injustices/atrocities, i.e. human rights violations or crime against humanity, by conducting public hearings, forgiveness ceremonies, & investigations. Reconciliation cannot happen unless TRUTH is revealed. National Leaders & Other Nations should forgive themselves.
February 14, 2013- Forgive Others From Your Past & Present- friends, ex-spouses, classmates, co-workers, enemies and/or forgive people of different ethnic & racial backgrounds.
February 15, 2013- Forgive church/synagogue Leaders- church/synagogue Leaders- should help communities with forgiveness, healing, and reconciling broken relationships, as well as, to help people to overcome their bitterness & resentment.
February 16, 2013 -Forgive People in the Community & Community Leaders- Community leaders should help communities with forgiveness, healing, and reconciling broken relationships, as well as, to help people to overcome their bitterness & resentment.
February 17, 2013 - Children’s &Teens’ Forgiveness Day- Parents/Guardians should teach children and teens about forgiveness. Children & Teens should forgive others, as well as, themselves.
I.S.A.M. will a host the Blog Talk Radio Show every day between 1 hour to 3 hours:
February 11-12, 14-16, 2013, we will host the show starting at 8:00 PM EST/5:00 PM PST
February 13 and 17, 2013, we will host the show starting at 12:00 PM EST/9:00 AM PST
Listen to the show by calling the I.S.A.M. Blog Talk Radio Show Call-In Number: 1-347-677-1955 or log on at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/isam.
INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY: We will connect the International community to the Blog Talk Radio Show by dialing the International Country Conference Call Number below on February 13 and 17 to speak live or to listen to the show. You can also log on at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/isam.
A complete list of the 34 countries is posted on the website under the section “Join us on Blog Talk Radio” at LetitiaPeters.weebly.com.
This call holds 96 callers.
For Canada, please call 1 559-670-1000 access code 155737.
For United Kingdom, call +44 (0) 7848 432913 Access code 155737.
About International Spiritual Awakening Ministries
International Spiritual Awakening Ministries (I.S.A.M.) is a new ministry, which is dedicated to teaching “biblical truths” according to the Holy Scriptures in order to help people develop a personal relationship with the Creator in every aspect of people's lives nationally & internationally. You can follow I.S.A.M. at http//www.LetitiaPeters.weebly.com. You can reach I.S.A.M. at 347-568-3537.